28 ARTISTS & JOURNALISTS
their work and words, interviews, blogs, images, hints, tips, websites
and more...

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Full Thunder Moon

Full Thunder Moon by PJBee 
Full Thunder Moon, a photo by PJBee on Flickr.

This was the scene last evening when I took the dogs out for their last pee trip. I had written off being able to see July's full moon.... but the clouds parted briefly and I was there.... quite accidentally!  It brought to mind the Lemony Snicket's line that I read on Jan Yates blog recently....
It is one of life's bitterest truths that bedtime so often arrives just when things are really getting interesting.  ~Lemony Snicket
I painted the sky and moon from memory and the tree plein air today :)

13 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sandy! It left quite an impression in my memory banks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received my book and I love it..It has inspired me to learn to paint..When in Europe..I kept a journal for our month's vacation there..and it's a treasure for me..I painted a few small things(I am more than a novice)..
    Your book is just precious..

    I sat in the sunshine yesterday w/ a cut off sock on my wrist:)..my small travel paintset..a waterbrush..

    Just so inspired by the book.
    I am so happy I bought it.
    It's a delight and a treat..
    I just love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jules!

    Yes, La Table De Nana, Kate's book is a true treasure and I'm so happy to be a part of it! Thanks and make sure to join the FB group and let us see some of your sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just received the book and this is the first visit to the site. What a breathtaking introduction your painting/entry is! Beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, this is absolutely STUNNING. I know I've told you how much I love this series, but I LOVE this series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And yes, please anyone who'd like to, join us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/groups/artists.journal.workshop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so, Wakar!

    Thank you, Kate!!! That means an awful lot :) I've been collecting bits and pieces of moon info/goodies and hope to compile all into a small book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blog who's name and quote you used is JAN YATES, not ANN yates

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sorry, Jan! It's been corrected. I hate when I mess names up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a fabulous journal page! I think my dream wish would be to sit in your studio and just devore your journals!
    (hey)Jude

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a wonderful job of making the moon peer over the clouds ....

    ReplyDelete

We'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...